Oriental Wallet and its website orientalwallet.com (“Website”) are owned and operated by ORIENTAL SYSTEMS INC LLC (“Oriental Wallet”).
A. DATA COLLECTION
Oriental Wallet collects personal, unique identifying information, and non-personal, non-unique and non-identifying information, data about its Users. Oriental Wallet may collect and use the following data:
Basic personal data, such as (but not limited to):
- Full name (First Name, Last Name)
- Date of birth
- Address (includes City, State and Zip)
- Phone number
- Email address
- Photo (as provided in User’s ID)
Data for ‘Know Your Customer’ (KYC) regulations, such as (but not limited to):
- Proof of identity, such as a passport, driving license, national ID or ID card or residence permit
- Proof of address, such as a utility bill or bank statement
- Additional details on the source of funds being sent, such as a Municipality Certificate, credit card statement, tax rebate receipt or bank loan agreement
Purpose for Collecting Information
Oriental Wallet collects User’s personal information first and foremost in order to validate User as a registered customer of Oriental Wallet.
Oriental Wallet relies on User’s information when responding to any questions and queries regarding registration, transactions, card applications and credit decisions. Oriental Wallet also collects information in order to manage User’s account with Oriental Wallet. Such collection is also used in order to detect and prevent criminal activity, fraud and misuse pf or damage to Oriental Wallet’s system and services.
In addition to that, the collection of Information will be used in order to enhance User’s customer experience and improve, develop and determine tailored products to meet User’s preferences and needs. Oriental Wallet retain Personal Data to fulfill its legal or regulatory obligations and for our business purposes.
Oriental Wallet may retain Personal Data for longer periods than required by law if it is in its legitimate business interests and not prohibited by law. If User Account is closed, Oriental Wallet may take steps to mask Personal Data and other information, but Oriental Wallet reserve its ability to retain and access the data for so long as required to comply with applicable laws. Oriental Wallet will continue to use and disclose such Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Oriental Wallet collects the Users data through the following means:
- When User directly provides the information. This happens when the User accesses the Website, submits his/her application and/or registers for an Oriental Wallet account. The User provides such information including but not limited to his/her full name, email address, phone number, system information (e.g. operating system), IP address and unique device identifier.
- When User is using the Oriental Wallet products and services. This happens during the course of the User’s transactions with Oriental Wallet. User will be prompted to provide additional information that were not provided when the Oriental Wallet account was created, such as but not limited to payment method he/she wants to use and its details.
- When User contacts Oriental Wallet Customer Service. This happens when User initiates a communication with Oriental Wallet support team and may be prompted to provided additional information such as but not limited to updated identification document. This will ensure the validity of a transaction and/or necessary in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- When third-party sources provide the information. This happens when Oriental Wallet’s third-party partners such as but not limited to financial institutions, merchants, analytics providers, fraud preventions agencies, provides information about the User.
B. DATA USAGE
Oriental Wallet uses the collected information in order to carry out and facilitate Oriental Wallet Services. The following purposes can be applied as well:
- To enhance User experience when using Oriental Wallet Services;
- To improve Oriental Wallet Services;
- To introduce new Oriental Wallet Services;
- To protect Oriental Wallet rights and interests;
- To perform business and administrative activity that supports the provision of Oriental Wallet Services to its Users such as but not limited to User identification;
- To uphold any legal and/or regulatory requirements;
C. DATA RETENTION, SECURITY AND LOCATION
Oriental Wallet is required to keep records for a period no less than five (5) years as prescribed by law. The five-year period is calculated following the end of the business relationship. After such period, User may demand deletion of its data or as those provided by applicable law.
Oriental Wallet is using security measures and cutting-edge encryption systems, to make sure interaction with our Website is smooth and safe. All transactions are performed under secure protocols in order to ensure that User information is protected against accidental loss and against unauthorized access and/or use.
On the other hand, User also has the responsibility to keep his/her information safe. User must not share his/her username and password details with anyone. Oriental Wallet identifies the User who accesses the Oriental Wallet account through the login credentials submitted in the login page.
Additionally, Oriental Wallet may transfer User data to a third-party, as described in section D. Such third-parties may be located outside the usual business location and the User’s country of residence. In all such cases, data transfers will be carried out only after ensuring that the third-party has comparable levels of data protection and that they will use User data only for the purposes set out in this Policy.
Data transmission over the internet is not completely secure. However, once User data has been received, Oriental Wallet will do its best and use a wide array of stringent means and measures to ensure that the User Data is kept secured.
D. DATA DISCLOSURE
- When an Oriental Wallet payment partner needs the data to process a transaction the User initiated. Oriental Wallet has cooperation agreements with financial institutions, such as a bank, for the Services offered by Oriental Wallet. When the User authorizes a transaction, Oriental Wallet will transmit the necessary data to the relevant third-party payment partner in order to process the transaction.
- When an Oriental Wallet subsidiary and affiliate requires the data to help provide the Services.
- When an Oriental Wallet ancillary service provider requires the data to facilitate the Services. This includes the server hosting provider and independent auditors.
- When there is any suspicion of fraud or breach regarding the transactions performed by the User. As needed for fraud reduction efforts, Oriental Wallet will disclose User data including but not limited to credit reference and fraud prevention agencies.
- When requested by a regulatory or government authority. In order to comply with an applicable law, regulation or legal request, Oriental Wallet will oblige to such requirements.
E. DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Where applicable and subject to certain exemptions, User may have certain rights under the Data Protection legislation, including:
- The right to be informed. The right to have knowledge on how User’s personal data is used.
- The right of access and data portability. The right to request access and/or transfer User’s personal data to another organization, where technically feasible, and use it for his/her own purposes.
- The right to rectification. The right to correct, amend or update the User’s personal data if it is wrong or has changed.
- The right to erasure. The right to ask to remove the User’s personal data, under certain conditions and if applicable under certain laws and regulations.
- The right to restrict processing. The right to request to restrict the processing of the User’s personal data.
- The right to object to processing. The right to object the processing of the User’s personal data if it is believed that Oriental Wallet’s legitimate interest might infringe upon his/her rights.
- The right to revoke consent. The right to withdraw User’s consent if the processing is based on one’s consent. Withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing conducted prior to the withdrawal.
- The right to raise a complaint. The right to contact a supervisory authority if User is not happy with how his/her personal data was handled.
F. UNDERAGE AND CHILD PRIVACY
Oriental Wallet implements an age restriction when creating an Oriental Wallet account. If an account is found to be of under the adult legal age based on the User’s country of residence, Oriental Wallet reserves the right to suspend or terminate such account. Oriental Wallet also takes the appropriate measures to ensure that its Users are of adult legal age.
A cookie is a small text file stored on a computer or mobile device when a user visits a website or application. Cookies can be used to analyze a user activity in order to improve the website or application.
- Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies that are necessary for our websites to function. It includes, for instance, cookies that let you log into secure areas of our websites, or access payment processing services.
- Functionality cookies – These cookies are used to recognize you when you return to our websites. It may enable us to personalize our content for you or remember your preferences.
When using the Oriental Wallet Website, mobiles sites and mobile apps, the User will be asked to acknowledge his/her consent before Oriental Wallet can place cookies or similar technologies on the User’s device. The User can grant his/her consent by clicking “Accept” in the Cookie Banner or by continuing his/her browsing.
The User can withdraw or change this consent, unless the cookies are strictly necessary to operate the site and/or provide the services, by clicking “Settings” in the Cookie Banner or within the User’s browser settings. The steps for changing browser settings and cookies varies from browser to browser. If necessary, please use the browser’s help function.
Blocking or disabling cookies on the Website may disable the User from accessing certain pages on the site and/or certain functions or Services.
H. LINKS FROM OTHER WEBSITES
I. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
J. CONTACT US
Oriental Wallet is dedicated to protecting the confidentiality and privacy of information entrusted to it. Any questions and requests about this policy, feel free to contact Oriental Wallet’s Customer Service at email@example.com for more information. The said address can be used to communicate any concerns regarding compliance with Oriental Wallet’s Privacy Statement.
Last Updated: March 6, 2023